- This event has passed.
June 22 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmfree
Celebrate 5 Years of Public Art !!!
To celebrate their 5th milestone year of producing public art, DATMA is hosting a season launch party and all are welcome! With fresh art and fun festivities for the whole family, we invite you to join us for a public celebration in Custom House Square on Thursday, June 22 from 5pm – 7pm.
How we’ll round out the night:
- Unveiling of 4 new public art exhibitions.
- House, disco, & good vibes provided by New Moon Dance Party.
- Refreshments provided by the delicious People’s Pressed.
- Mouth-watering frozen sweets handcrafted by Sorbae Frozen Treats.
- Listen to a new piece by New Bedford’s Poet laureate, Sarah Jane Mulvey, inspired by DATMA’s SHELTER 2023 artworks.
- Come meet our artists from near and far who have been busy creating fresh public art for our city.
- Explore the park with the Anne Cubberly’s otherworldly magical beings.
- Yes- this event is totally free & open to the public, so bring everyone and have fun discovering public art in downtown NB.
Thank you to all who have helped us make it to this moment!
Please visit the site again soon to learn more details as the event continues to takes shape.
Rain date: Friday, June 23
A big thanks to all who have supported DATMA from the beginning and who have only just started to have some fun! And SHOUT OUT to the local businesses making this night so great: Vineyard Wind, Bristol County Savings Bank, Boutique Fitness, Salt on Elm, and The Drawing Room. We feel grateful to you and the many who have believed in our mission and helped us arrive to this milestone year.